Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Halbritter's Armory

Halbritter's Armory 

by Kurt Halbritter


First published in Germany 1977
English Translation 1978 - Jamie Muir 


A friend lent me this curious volume and I have derived a fair amount of amusement from its pages.  It purports to be an "Introduction to the Secret Weapons of History".  It is a farce, poking fun at war and instruments of war with one ridiculous, improbable and often immoral "weapon" after another.  My friend told me an amusing anecdote about lending this book to a fencing student of his, whose strict fundamentalist Christian parents were horrified at many of the illustrations.  First, a more typical example of the tone of this book:

Breastworks


And now a couple of illustrations that I think could be horked for your fantasy RPG setting:

Rad Maze to the Citadel

Cool Crescent Clifftop Castle 

Three Illustrations pertaining to the land of Bolt








1 comment:

  1. Hi...!! I am Ketlon raider.I am From Indian @ W0WW!!$..!! Fantastic Your Images Pectoral.wonder full.Thank You For Show Me.


    Fabrication Works

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...